A quick weave is a full head weaving technique where tracks are glued to a wave or skull cap on a sturdy source (somebody’s head or a mannequin head). This technique can be bonded to the head or can be made as a wig. A quick weave can last up to 4 weeks when applied to a stocking wave cap but can last a few months using the shower cap method.
What you’ll need
Hair bonding glue
Comb & brush
Stocking Wave Cap (2pk)
Shower Cap (Optional)
Blow Dryer (Optional)
Hair Gel (Optional)
Closure piece (Optional)
Step 1: Protecting your real hair
· Wash your real hair
· Make sure your hair is completely dry
· Once it is dry, apply your hair moisturizer so your hair want be brittle and dry.
You have 2 choices
1. Braid your hair into corn-rolls (Best option if you plan on bonding the quick weave to just the stocking wave cap)
2. Brush your hair Straight back with hair gel to the nape of your neck. Make sure to style it so that it lies completely flat.
· Once you decide what works best for you you’re going to place the stocking caps on your head .
*If you want to make a wig out of the quick weave place the shower cap on your head first then place both stocking wave caps on top.
Step 2: You’re now ready to start your quick weave.
Starting from the nape of your neck, measure, and cut and apply weave tracks going around the perimeter of your head. Continue until you get to the crown of your head.
Make sure to glue in a circular pattern. If you do this correctly, you'll be left with just a small circle at the crown of your head. If you purchased a closure piece just apply bonding glue to the closure piece and apply it to the crown of your head.
*Press down for a few seconds or use your blow dryer.
Using a two-inch section of extension hair, apply bonding glue to the underside of the track.Roll the track and allow the glue to dry.
Separate the hairs from the middle of the roll to form a closure piece. Then use a hot flat iron to clamp down on the closure piece from the top.
Apply bonding glue to the bottom of the closure and apply it to the small space at the crown of your head.
Now that your done applying your tracks you’re ready to Trim and style the extension hair any way you like. Used the shower cap method? Don’t worry you don’t have to walk around with a shower cap on your head.